Website American University in Dubai
Assistant/Associate Professor of Oral Rhetoric (Public Speaking)
The School of Arts and Sciences at the American University in Dubai invites qualified applicants for the position of Assistant/Associate Professor of Oral Rhetoric to begin teaching in Fall 2019.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ph.D. in either Communication (general communication, international & interpersonal communication, communication studies; a degree in speech communication is preferred) -OR- Speech (speech studies, rhetoric) from a Western accredited institution at the time of appointment
- Experience teaching Public Speaking
- Related experiences in forensics, performing arts, media and/or professional memberships or certification
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Strong team ethic
- Experience teaching diverse student populations
The ideal candidate will also have academic qualifications to teach additional content areas.
Candidates should have evidence of successful teaching experience or must demonstrate significant potential and promise of teaching effectiveness and excellence at the undergraduate level. Additionally, candidates are expected to meet standards for personal professional scholarship, and assist in curriculum development and other service to the department, school, and community.
The compensation package for this position is competitive and is based on the expatriate model. Besides tax-exempt basic salary, it includes housing, annual two-way airfare, health / life insurance, professional memberships, conference attendance expenses, assistance with children’s tuition, and other components.
The American University in Dubai is a private, non-sectarian institution of higher learning founded in 1995. It serves UAE nationals and international students who seek world-class career-oriented education. AUD, as an international institution of higher education, encourages global understanding by providing an atmosphere of cultural diversity and opportunities for an international education.
Applications will be accepted and evaluated until this position is filled.
Interested applicants must submit the following requirements via email to email@example.com
- Cover letter
- Updated CV
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Contact information of three (3) academic/professional references
No telephone calls please.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for a follow-up interview.