Website University of the People
Bilingual Arabic/English Course Developers – World Literature and Composition
Are you intrigued by the growing impact of online instruction? Would you like to gain online course development and teaching experience with a growing institution? Would you like to share your expertise with students eager to improve their life circumstances?
University of the People (UoPeople) is a tuition-free, accredited online university that serves students who might otherwise be barred from a college education by reason of geography, culture, work, family, and/or finances.
University of the People (UoPeople) is the Education Revolution. It is the first non-profit, tuition-free, American accredited online university. Dedicated to opening access to higher education globally, UoPeople is designed to help qualified high school graduates overcome the financial, geographic, political, and personal constraints keeping them from collegiate studies. UoPeople is able to offer a tuition-free education thanks to the generosity of volunteer professors and administrators. The President, the Provost, the Vice Presidents, the Vice Provosts, the CFO, the professors and many others donate their time in the service of democratizing access to higher education. To date, we are proud to have built a network of more than 11,000 volunteers from all over the world.
The University has an immediate need for bilingual Arabic/English Course Developers to translate and adapt English course materials to Arabic for a full suite of courses for the business administration program. The bilingual Course Developers will translate and adapt the material with accuracy, taking care of language nuances and ensuring that the translated curriculum conveys the original meaning of the content.
The university has an immediate need for bilingual Arabic/English course developers for the following areas/courses:
- ENGL 1102 Arabic Composition 2
- ENGL 1405 World Literature
Position Description and Responsibilities:
Works closely with the Director of Curriculum Development and directly with an Instructional Designer and is responsible for the design, development, assessment, adaptation and evaluation of courses. Specifically, through:
- Translation and adaptation of the courseware focusing on localization as relevant
- Selection of appropriate reading materials—Open Educational Resources (OER) and/or approved eBooks
- Development and adapting of learning activities including but not limited to written assignment prompts, discussion forum prompts, rubrics and multiple-choice assessments
- Creation of online assessment tasks and assessment criteria.
- Preparation of instructions to assist future instructors.
- Creation of required documentation for the course review committee.
- Fluent in Arabic and English
- A minimum of a master’s degree in the subject area
- Expertise with using Modern Standard Arabic.
- Experience developing, designing, and/or consulting on the development of course/s.
- Previous instructional experience and willingness to instruct the course when offered.
- Appreciation of a diverse student population, representing the full spectrum of cultural, political, socio-economic and religious backgrounds.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter of application discussing relevant course development experience accompanied by a resume to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.