Website The University of the West Indies, Mona Campus
Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in French
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Teach, research and participate in the strategic planning and management of teaching and learning;
- Lead and/or participate in curriculum and faculty development activities within the department, the faculty and the wider university;
- Contribute to the life of the university and advance teaching, research and community outreach.
Essential Qualifications And Experience:
- Minimum of a Ph.D. in French with a special focus on Francophone Literature (French Caribbean/French African) and/or French Translation;
- Possess native or near native competence in the French Language;
- Demonstrated scholarly research and publications;
- At least five (5) years’ experience of teaching in the related areas at the tertiary level.
Candidates who possess the following will be at a distinct advantage:
- Excellent command of English;
- Experience supervising MPhil/PhD students;
- Evidence of prior grant acquisition;
- Evidence of curriculum development (face to face or distant delivery modes);
- Administrative experience within an academic institution;
- Experience in teaching and research;
- Certificate in University Teaching;
- Evidence of contribution to the Public Service OR field of study.
For further particulars regarding the University of the West Indies and the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures, visit us at https://www.mona.uwi.edu/modlang/
Applicants are required to submit a completed employment application form, curriculum vitae, (inclusive of a statement on teaching and research interests), giving full particulars of qualifications, experience, the names and addresses of three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) and copies of academic qualifications. These should be sent by electronic mail addressed to the Campus Registrar for the attention of the Director, Human Resource Management Division, The University of the West Indies, Mona Campus, Kingston 7, Jamaica. All applications must include the reference number MPN100110 in the subject line of the email. The final date for receipt of applications is February 21, 2020. Applicants are advised to ask their referees to send reports under confidential cover to the above address without waiting to be contacted.
The successful candidate is expected to assume duties on August 1, 2020.
The University thanks all applicants. However, due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The University of the West Indies, Mona Campus…… Inspiring Excellence, Producing Leaders